camera cd-rom wont load/display

skippytibb 20:21 01 Apr 09

has anyone any idea why when i insert my cd-rom disc for my camera ( driver ) it wont display on screen? so obviously i cant install the software. (it worked fine before my computer crashed and i had to restart from my reload disc) now it wont .i have tried opening it in other areas but have run out of ideas any help?? thank you

Graphicool1 10:41 02 Apr 09

Is your PC set up to Auto play CD's?

skippytibb 13:24 02 Apr 09

yes it is set to auto play

Graphicool1 14:11 02 Apr 09

Have you tried clicking on 'My Computer' and running the disk from there?

skippytibb 18:31 02 Apr 09

hi yes ive tried that. it says in the manual if the disc frame dont open to "run the [windows explorer] and select[samsung.exe] in the CD-ROM drive root directory. but i hav'ent a clue how to do this where is the "root directory?" and where is the windows exlporer? any help greatly welcome

jack 20:09 02 Apr 09

You do not actually need the CD for a regular digi cam.
My general advice us to leave the disk in the box.
When the Data card in inserted into a card reader or the camera plugged into the USB port
The Scanner camera Wizard will come us ask what you want to do with the images.
Simplz[as professor Meercat says.
Free software such as Googles 'Picasa'
or Irfanview is all you need to get started.
More sophisticated image editing software can be purchased later

skippytibb 09:02 03 Apr 09

oh well i suppose i will have to invest in a card reader. it's so annoying when it worked fine before my computer had to be re-loaded. thank you

jack 09:21 03 Apr 09

Plug camera directly into computer and switch camera on set to upload mode [read the manual- That Is on the disk]

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…