camera cabling for best results

bumpkin 21:25 22 Apr 15

Suffice it to understand the question:-)

I will try to explain as simply as I can but the whole issue is more complex.

A camera connected to a PC using twisted data cable not co-ax. The question being which will give the better signal. One twisted pair in and one out or would it be better to split them. This meaning one from each pair as in and the other two as out.

wee eddie 22:03 22 Apr 15

My Camera uses a USB Cable, 'Mini' on one end, standard on the other. It depends entirely upon which type of socket that your Camera has.

wee eddie 22:05 22 Apr 15

Are you, perhaps, asking about a rather elderly Camcorder?

wee eddie 22:14 22 Apr 15

Bumpkin: I have just seen that it was you that posted this Thread.

I cannot believe that you did not give us the full details of the Camera that you are referring to.

bumpkin 15:51 23 Apr 15

wee eddie, I have just read your post as busy today, yes I could have given more information but did not wish to over complicate the issue initially or would probably have got no replies at all.

I am replacing 3 of my (4) CCTV cameras which were previously Sony as they are now about 10yrs old and not as good as they were.

The new ones are unknown Chinese brand but having fitted one of them the quality is good for a non proffesional home set up, a bit of "noise" which I can take out with software.

My OP related to the actual wiring and what is the best way to do it or even if it makes any difference.

I can give further info if anyone is interested and can give advice.

wee eddie 16:27 23 Apr 15

If you are running Cables over any distance and you do not need Multicore Cables, then Co-Axial Cable is the way to go. The outer, woven section, protects the Core from interference from other sources, such as Power Cables and suchlike.

That's the theory, anyway!

bumpkin 18:38 23 Apr 15

thanks wee eddie, in hindsight I would have used Coax but I was give free loads of data cable at the time. To replace it now with coax is a major operation and I do not think that it justifies the cost as my on screen images are good enough for me (very good compared with what I seen of other peoples)

Still nobody has answered the original question.

bumpkin 17:23 24 Apr 15

A bit of research suggests Balun Tranceivers which are cheap enough but are they really needed when maximum cable run is 40mtrs.

bumpkin 14:05 26 Apr 15

Anyone here know about this sort of thing? If not then so be it, I just thought I would ask.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac