//some 3rd party need geo

Camedia-software + awkward install .Notes only.

Rtus 23:09 06 May 04

This is posted to those who attempt installation ,but cant get the camera recognised by win 98se. I got a call from a owner who had bought a camera ,after several people trying failed installations they call for me..I get there see tons of programs running in task bar .It was onlt a couple of weeks past since I last advised them of lack of resources due to programs running.I again clear up & set out to try the camera .it was having none of it So check for software ,remove it & clean up then reinstall, still no use.Program would start but no camera found .No tools menu (to select where to import from or which device to use) Go to Control panel ,No imaging devices listed try installing by add hardware.It cant find inf file to enable the install,Check Cd for file/folders .no inf file seen or any readme notes/trouble shooting notes.. I then look under device listings & find 2 Cdroms listed.I remove the listing for one that isnt fitted.& reboot.Re-attach camera & this time it finds & initialises it get to software & download the pictures to Hard drive.Finished. But I found the help file sadly lacking & the manual that came with the camera just as bad especially the destructions for downloading camera images to PC.

anchor 08:51 07 May 04

The problem of directly downloading pictures from a digital camera seems quite common, and not confined to Olympus. I had similar difficulties with Fuji. Fuji recognised this, and even had a web page devoted to resolving them.

This is why I, and others on this forum, recommend using a USB card reader.

Demora 09:06 07 May 04

Card Reader Every time. Software the arrives with digital cameras is sometimes slow and bloated. I use a card read and Paintshop Pro

Demora

byfordr 09:17 07 May 04

Nice card reader reads 99% of everything including Xd (assuming you have that as an olympus) click here Installs automatically under xp (comes with driver disk if necessary)

R

bazza2 09:24 07 May 04

I have a 750 UZ, and have loaded the Camedia software onto my 98se system, and haven't experienced any problems at all. But I may be the lucky one !?

I agree with the above though, it is my intention to get an XD card reader in the near future.

Rtus 21:30 08 May 04

I installed Cd software (Dimage viewer)for my own Minolta Dim A1 camera yesterday .went without a hitch & nice results first time.I suppose if they had thought about it when they bought the camera a card viewer would be a better option for them.

GRFT 07:38 09 May 04

I installed Camedia Master 4.1 that came with my C-350 Zoom camera on my Win98SE system and have had no problems with it whatever.

Bagsey 09:01 09 May 04

I have an Olympus 730UZ and have never installed any of the software that came with it. Just plug in the USB lead and XP sees the camera as an extra drive in My Computer. Incidently I have a Media Gear multi card reader from 7dayshop which has ( Supposedly ) an XD slot but I have never been able to get it to take the XD card from my olympus, so check before you buy.!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…