Came down with Adobe....

sorefingers 20:28 14 Jun 04

I seem to have a program which I believe downloaded with the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader - It sits in the program list and I don't thing I will ever use it - can I delete it safely?
A search done found a dot cab file in Windows and also 2 plug-ins.
Thanks for any help.

VoG II 20:52 14 Jun 04

Have a look in Control Panel, Add or Remove programs and see what is listed, specifically starting with "Adobe". Remove any you don't want.

If you are unsure, post the names of the programs here and someone will tell you what to do.

sorefingers 21:05 14 Jun 04

...will do.

sorefingers 21:16 14 Jun 04

I have found 5 files as follows:
C:\Docs & Set\owner\cookies
C:\Docs & Set\all users\start menu\programs
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat6.0\Reader\plug_ins
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat6.0\Reader\plug_ins
C:\Windows cache\AdobeReader6.0.1\ENUBIG\Data1.cab

The last 2 have a printme icon associated with them

VoG II 23:05 14 Jun 04

I don't think you are looking in the right place. Which version of Windows do you have?

sorefingers 23:07 14 Jun 04

XP home...I used Start - Search

VoG II 23:09 14 Jun 04

Nope! Start, Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs

sorefingers 23:12 14 Jun 04

There's only the Download Manager and Adobe Acrobat showing....

VoG II 23:18 14 Jun 04

I find this difficult to understand. Don't you have anything else installed - like games, office applications etc?

sorefingers 23:26 14 Jun 04

No games and only MS Word to speak of...the actual program name is Printme Internet Printing which opens a Download driver link and/or a IE icon informing Learn More.

dazzling 23:49 14 Jun 04

it a web link to download the program for remote printing it wont do anything unless you click on the klink.if you want rid of it just right click on it and select delete shouldnt do any harm.darren

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…