Camcorder(non-digital) Film to DVD-How?

Kooji 08:22 06 Feb 07

Please help..I have some film on my old(non-digital) camcorder which I want to transfer onto a DVD disc to view it in a DVD player. I have Nero burning software and Video Vault plus Any DVD on my P.C. Is it possible to transfer the film, and if so what software would I need. Idiot proof replies please..? P.S I have used my Daewoo DVD recorder+VCR to transfer the film to DVD but thereafter it is only 'viewable' on the Daewoo machine. If I put the DVD disc into a regular DVD player or my P.C. it fails to read it. sorry this is so long winded.

Thanks all..Kooji

Technotiger 08:49 06 Feb 07

Hi, this should get you started - I can personally recommend Pinnacle.

click here

Totally-braindead 11:02 06 Feb 07

The Daewoo recorder you mention I assume is a standalone recorder connected to a TV. If so then this is by far the easiest way of doing it.
I suggest you check that the disk is finalised. If it isn't finalised then other machines would not be able to read it which is the problem you say you are having.
You'll have to look at your manual to find out how to finalise the disk as they are all different.

Smiler 13:00 06 Feb 07

I'm in agreement with Totally-braindead on this one.
I have a dvd recorder and if I don't finalise the disc it is not readable in other dvd players.

Kooji 13:16 06 Feb 07

Many thanks to all of you for such a quick response. I didn't know you had to finalise a disk, up to now I've only played the discs in the Daewoo machine, so I looked in the manual and finalised the disc and 'just like that' it plays in a regular DVD player.

Kooji

Totally-braindead 13:51 06 Feb 07

Glad its sorted. The alternative, doing it through the PC can take a great deal of time, using a standalone recorder as you have done is much simpler.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac