camcorder-what cpu

Bonynge 15:47 06 Jul 06

What is the best processor for video work. I have been told intel 2.8 or above, any other suggestions

stlucia 16:13 06 Jul 06

2.8 will be fine; I currently use a 600Mhz Athlon without any glitches or lost frames. BUT, faster processor will result in shorter rendering time after you've done all your editing -- mine takes about 8 hours for a 1-hour video :-(

More important than speed, though, is plenty of hard disk space, preferably on a dedicated separate drive.

skidzy 17:43 06 Jul 06

Bonynge...I have recently bought a new laptop from dell.After returning home from the family holiday i decided to copy my footage and burn to dvd.
I was really impressed how good the quality was.
No editing just straight copying connected by firewire.

click here

Processor

Intel® Centrino® Duo Mobile Technology with Intel® CoreT Duo Processor T2050 (1.6GHz 2MB L2 Cache 533Mhz FSB)

This took around an hour and 10 minutes to copy and make the dvd that is around one hour long.

Now i assume that is pretty good,but others may say different.But im very happy with the performance of this processor.

Hope this helps.

Bonynge 18:05 06 Jul 06

Thanks all probably worrying about nothing, presently running athlon xp2000, rendering takes for ever but the quality is good. I use a Panasonic NVGS 300, it is really good the colour is superb

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…