Camcorder to PC for editing

johnincrete 11:28 AM 29 Oct 12

Since I bought my last camcorder that used tapes, they seem now to record onto flash memory or hard disk. WShat do I look for in a specification that tells me if I can transfer the recording to a PC for editing (and subsequent burn to DVD)

Woolwell 11:48 AM 29 Oct 12

If they record to a memory disk then you simply remove the disk and connect to the pc ina disc reader or connect the camera. I'm not aware of any camcorders than cannot transfer data to a PC for editing.

johnincrete 16:37 PM 30 Oct 12

Are you saying that disks in a camcorder can be put in a PC reader like a CD or DVD?

Woolwell 17:20 PM 30 Oct 12

No - only camcorders with minidvd are like a cd or dvd. But some camcorders use memory cards and they go in a memory card reader.

Read this

woodchip 19:13 PM 30 Oct 12

You need Movie Maker

Free Download

It should pick-up your Camcorder if not you will be able to find it in the software Settings

Number six 22:45 PM 30 Oct 12

If your PC does not have a card reader, you should be able to interface directly via USB or firewire cable to download files from camcorder.

johnincrete 17:04 PM 31 Oct 12

Thanks all. Obviously the info I had was false. I look forward to a new camcorder

woodchip 18:46 PM 31 Oct 12

If it's a Analogue Camcorder you need one of these

Link Click Hear

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Harry Potter's graphic designers showcase magical props & posters in new exhibition

Apple rumours & predictions 2016: What to expect from Apple in 2016