Camcorder to PC

wildhouse 22:15 26 Jul 05

I have just bought a Panasonic NV-GS17EB camcorder to discover on opening the box that there is no cable, software or anything to enable me to put it on computer. I don't want to spend a fortune - anyone suggest a basic product I can buy just to download via USB 2 and watch what I have filmed - I don't need anything gimmicky.

pimpers 04:19 27 Jul 05

You have two choices really, either get a firewire card (DV socket)and the cable comes with it, or you get a S-video cable.

From the Panasonic site I have found details for this camcorder, NVGS75B I cannot find the model you mention. This one comes with a PC cable (USB).

Hope this helps.

Pimpers.

wildhouse 09:20 27 Jul 05

Hi. Thanks for the above. I don't want to get firewire and it comes with an S video cable. My camcorder model is compatible with USB 2 and I have sourced a USB 2 cable, so that shouldn't be a problem. When I need to know is what kind of software I need to be able to see what I have filmed on my PC. Most I have seen seem to be around £60-70 and capable of creating Hollywood movies! I just want to view what I have filmed, I don't intend to create masterpieces!

961 09:55 27 Jul 05

If you have windows xp try microsoft movie maker. It's a free download and is great to learn on and many find it's all they need

carper 11:02 27 Jul 05

I use Movie maker 2 with my Sony and it works great with USB 1 or 2. If you are on XP sp2 your computer should recognise your camera without software. Good Luck

wildhouse 11:42 27 Jul 05

Thanks for all assistance - Panasonic now tell me it is not compatible with USB2 for downloading movies, only stills, so back to square one!

stlucia 14:30 27 Jul 05

I use firewire for my (quite old now) Panasonic DV camera. Got the card in a bundle with Pinnacle software for about £50.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…