Camcorder to PC

gary-196990 15:18 02 May 05

I have an old Sony CCD-TRV35E camcorder. The only outputs are via phono leads. I have a Nividia GX5200 graphics card, run XP prof, I purchased a S Vido cable to phono cable converter but when i attach the camcorder to the PC it cannot find it. I have pinnacle software and have tried the windows movie maker.
The only reason i want to put tape to DVD is wife passed away and wanted the tape to disc, but am pulling hair out.
Any help appreciated

DieSse 17:39 02 May 05

The PC is never going to "find" the camcorder - the phono signal cables have no way of telling the system that anything is attached, let alone what it is. I beleive the sockets on the graphics card will be for output only - you would need a video capture card (Pinnacle make several) to get your signal into the system.

The audio connector(s), should, of course go to the line-in in the sound card.

DieSse 17:41 02 May 05

PS - there are also external boxes which can do what you want, with USB connectors to the PC - a Google should find them, or maybe someone will know of one.

DieSse 17:45 02 May 05
  gary-196990 22:40 02 May 05

It all becomes crystal clear now, i assumed that the fx5600 was a video capture card. So i assume the video capture card goes in a pci slot alongside the graphics card and i am off and running

I had exactly the same problem and this is what I used click here

PC World sell the same item but about £10 dearer.

DieSse 01:05 03 May 05

"So i assume the video capture card goes in a pci slot"

Yup - unless you use an external device, if you don't want to go inside the box.

gary-196990 17:08 03 May 05

Thanks for replies, saved me ages trying to get it working when i never would have been able to.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…