Camcorder to PC

daisy2bell 22:23 29 Nov 04

How can I transfer my camcorder (non digital)films to my computer, and once on the PC how would I burn them to DVD.
Thanks

Danoh 22:50 29 Nov 04

You can get an analogue to digital convertor box of tricks. You plug your analogue Camcorder at one end and the PC or standalone DVD recorder-player.

Once on the PC, you could use a software program to edit the best bits into a different order, add fades, music, voice-overs, etc.

Then when you are happy with the completed production, you would use some software program to burn to an internal or external DVD writer.

A standalone DVD recorder-player could be able to store a large video file before burning a DVD if it has a hard disk. Some even have basic video editing functions. If there is no storage media, it will simply create a DVD directly from whatever the analogue player is outputting (continously).

stlucia 08:44 30 Nov 04

It's American, but this site click here will give you an idea of what kind of "box of tricks" are available to convert your analogue into digital and get it into your PC. Then you can do a more-specific Google search for a UK source once you've seen what you want.

Once the video is in your PC, you can then use one of the mainstream DVD burning softwares (Roxio, Nero, Sonic, etc.) to do some basic editing and put it onto DVD. If you want more sophisticated editing, you will probably need to go for a dedicated editing software such as Pinnacle, Ulead, Adobe before you do the burn.

john-232317 09:16 30 Nov 04

Thanks for the link.....wow there is some magic kit on there.

TomJerry 10:17 30 Nov 04

a lot of suggestions including specific products and retail links

search for "vhs to PC" etc you will find them

daisy2bell 11:17 30 Nov 04

Thanks for that guys

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…