Camcorder not talking to PC via IEEE1394

chchch7789 15:21 26 Dec 09

Hi,
My JVC GRD728EK miniDV camcorder will not communicate with either of my PCs (one is Vista,the other XP) via a IEEE1394 lead and PCI card setup. The lead is standard firewire (came in a kit with the card) and the small end goes in the camcorder's DV Out socket, the large end in the socket in the firewire card at the rear of the PC. I have tried checking the Device Manager of both PCs and the card appears to have installed correctly ("VIA OHCI Compliant IEEE1394 Host Controller" displayed). Looking at a posting on another forum, I see that the recommended lead is slightly different in appearance from mine in that it has 2 small sockets (see click here). Does anyone know of a suitable driver (I've searched for ages!) or does the suggestion of a different socket combination make sense? Could my lead be faulty?(unlikely-was bought new)
I have a stack of old miniDV tapes to upload to my PC in order that I can store them in an external hard-drive format for posterity (assuming this is a more stable platform for long-term storage than miniDV format).
Any ideas?
Ta!

Technotiger 16:49 26 Dec 09

This is the cable you should use ...

click here

This also might be of interest click here

woodchip 16:52 26 Dec 09

You need to start a Program like Pinnacle Studio
I have a JVC mini Tape DV you have to sellect the camera before you can download video

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant