camcorder to laptop problems

J-san 15:32 29 Jan 08

Hi,

I have a Panasonic NVGS27 camcorder which I have used successfully with a PC before. However, I tried connecting it via firewire to my Sony Vaio laptop ( running Vista ) but the laptop won't read my camcorder. I tried all the editing programs on the laptop and it simply doesn't read it.

Anyone had this problem?

J- San

Technotiger 20:09 29 Jan 08

I did a Google to try and find an answer for you, but it seems that no one has been able to use that cam with Vista - one person got rid of it and bought a different cam for that very reason, and another warned others not buy that cam if they are using Vista.

woodchip 23:45 29 Jan 08

Have you loaded the Drivers for the camcorder

J-san 12:54 30 Jan 08

I think the drivers for the camcorder loaded while it was connected. I'm realy suprised it won't work woth Vista, can't really afford a new camcorder. Hmm.

Technotiger 14:32 30 Jan 08

Personally, I would revert to XP in order to be able to use that particular camera - after all, you would not be 'losing' much by reverting!

woodchip 17:32 30 Jan 08

Drivers only come with camcorder. Not Windows

J-san 13:00 12 Feb 08

After much asking and enquiring I managed to find out that there are fixes available from the manufacturer of the camcorder, it's worth checking this out if any else is having this problem. Unfortunately, not for my model!! Luckily the shop I bought it from 10 months ago has agreed to refund me. Guess I'll be looking for a new camcorder then.
Thanks for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…