camcorder: "DVD or Tape" for DVD final burn?

AnthonyB 17:38 01 Oct 05

Hello,

This is a newbie question as I've never been much involved with camcorders at all.

However. I have Pinnacle studio 9 Pro on my Windows XP pro, Athlon FX pc etc, and would like to delve into video recording, and finally puttint it on a DVD. Can you use normal tape casmcorders with software like this to produce a DVD burn? - and play it in a DVD Player? - or are the (more expensive)DVD camcorders better for this use?.

Looking at about £300, and wondering over Cannon or Sony. Need to connect it to my pc though via DV/USB (or firewire?)

Sorry for many questions

Regards

Anthony

TIA

Bagsey 18:23 01 Oct 05

Yes you can use normal tape camcorders then output after editing to DVD. My choice of camera at this time is a DV tape using canon. The £300 you quote should get you a reasonable camera. Make sure that your choice has DV out and DV in preferably using a firewire connection. You will need a firewire connection on your computer.. Pinnacle studio 9 will output to a DVD drive. I generally output back to the camera then using the finished tape to make my DVDs in a stand alone DVD recorder. Why? because I have a DVD recorder and am to mean to buy a DVD drive for my computer. :-)) Check out these forums for a lot of help. click here and click here

AnthonyB 18:49 01 Oct 05

Thanks Bagsey, will go look - probably for Cannon i think...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…