camcorder

tapsilteerie 18:05 30 Mar 08

I have a JVC digital camcorder and tried to download the video footage to my pc through the connection IEEE 1394 with the recommended cable vc-vdv204u. Unfortunately my pc does not show the camcorder as being connected. I tried all the remedies (shutting on & off etc) Can anyone please help me.

100andthirty 20:40 30 Mar 08

it has been known for firewire sockets to be fitted to the case but not to be connected to anything!

anchor 12:47 02 Apr 08

Is is possible for you to try the connection on another computer equipped with a firewire card?.

This would establish if there is a fault in your setup.

conrail 14:07 03 Apr 08

you may need a capture card, try this click here
I have used one for years, I have an old but reliable analogue camera but this will work with a digital camera as well,
hope I have been of some help.

gulgatha85 18:25 03 Apr 08

I have a mini disk camera and a different problem should I start a new forum or just add it here

anchor 12:38 04 Apr 08

gulgatha85: best to start a new thread, either here, or in the digital world forum.

johndrew 14:17 04 Apr 08

Some digital video cameras come with software which enables the download, was there any with yours?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…