Calling Pinnacle Video Editing Software Wizards

KCR 22:49 14 Oct 03

I have created 4 video projects and they are ready to be burnt to DVD - great! Unfortuntely when I copy and paste each of the 3 other projects into the first (or a new project) this messes up the increases and decreases in the video sound that I have arranged in the individual projects to allow for music to be the primary sound - v annoying (i.e. it resets the sound level to the default and effectively erases the increases/decreases I have selected in the individual projects). This is especially annoying as when importing the other projects the music overlays are fine - I only have a problem with the video audio.

Anyone come across this and can help ? Would really appreciate it - but I expect that it is a long shot!

Thanks in advance

KCR 22:50 14 Oct 03

I should have added that I am using Studio v7!

MichelleC 09:16 15 Oct 03

Can you give pc spec, os, ram, rendering file format etc.

KCR 14:22 15 Oct 03

I have an Anthlon 2400, 512mb ram, Geforce 4600Ti graphics card, 120gb hard drive. I am using XP Home. Pinnacle captures in avi and encodes into various formats (I want mpeg to use to create a DVD). The problem is that the increases/decreases in the video audio volume of a project are not transposed when I copy that project into a new project (but copying/pasting the relevant video sequences).

Any help would be much appreciated.

MichelleC 15:10 15 Oct 03

I had similar with S7 and Video Factory. Not sure which fixed it but make sure os is up to scratch by running sfc (cmd command). When copying or 'save as' the library of that copy is made (in affect they are shortcuts or images of the originals), so when importing one project into another the original sources may not be copying properly when rendering.

Make sure paging or cache is set 2 - 3 times higher than ram on hd's.

When burning or ptt (printing to tape) all non-vital b/g progs should be off or errors may occur. I apply this to rendering also to speed it up (although it's not as vital). Rendering, ptt and burning are resource hungry.

It may work better to render all 4 projects individually as avi, bring them together then render as one mpeg.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…