Caller ID Modem

doorman 15:20 20 Aug 06

Does anyone know of a modem that works with BT's caller ID, and that can be linked to Outlook's contacts file to pop up contact's details when they call ?

Thanks

Graham. 15:25 20 Aug 06

click here See if you can pick out the helpful bits!

doorman 22:30 21 Aug 06

Thanks for that Graham. I have already searched and found many sites that give advise but none that can give a name or model number to a modem that is still available. I have tried around six modems so far without success and was hoping one of the many visitors to these forums would have a system up and running. Anyone else with any ideas ?

doorman 16:41 23 Aug 06

refresh;

Anyone with any other suggestions ?

Macca64 10:52 31 Aug 06

The 3Com/US Robotics 56K Professional Message Modem model 245625-01 recognises UK CallerID. I have got it working recognising CallerID with SuperVoice 6, accessing the modem directly through the COM port. The updated drivers available from USRobotics website seem to work with Windows TAPI applications that call up Outlook (CallClerk, TapiRex, IdentaPop), but I have been unable as yet to get any of then to recognise the CallerID info for an incoming call. This looks like a driver problem, not a hardware problem. The driver file had the typical CallerID errors in them (see click here ) but even though I have corrected the relevant lines of the driver file I have still have been unable to get the apps to detect the CallerID information. Conclusion: The USR modem detects UK CallerID okay; the driver files need tweaking to allow applications to communicate with the modem through Windows TAPI. If you are willing to work on the drivers, you should be able to get CallClerk or IdentaPop or TapiRex working. I can't afford to spend any more time on it.
Tim Mc

Stuartli 11:36 31 Aug 06

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac