call of duty - pak0.pk3 - nightmare!

jake williamson 10:16 16 Dec 04

guys and gals,

i've a nightmare. just bought call of duty on ebay. it turns out that the disk is corupted (something activision know about, grrr...) and i cant get it to work unless i get a copy of pak0.pk3 of a working instalation.

does anyone have it?! i know its a long shot but i'm getting nothing back from activision support....

i've managed to copy most of it off the disk and now narrowed it down to the corupt section on the cd. if anyone can sort me out with those (theres around 100 or so small files) it'd be great.

anything would be great!

Sethhaniel 10:22 16 Dec 04

if they know they are selling faulty goods
you should be entitled to your money back :(

ACOLYTE 10:47 16 Dec 04

What disk is corrupt 1 or 2?
I think the file you mention is localised english file rather a heafty file 160mb.Dont know what 100 or so files you mean appart from this one.

Starfox 13:33 16 Dec 04

pak0.pk3 click here and download from any mirror site.

jake williamson 13:39 16 Dec 04

ah right, think i got it - actually found this page last night but didnt see the bit saying 'These are the Linux dedicated server binaries for Call of Duty, updated to work with version 1.4 of the Windows client'

i'll give it a go and see what happens.

thanks for the replys everyone, once again you came up with the goods!

Starfox 13:43 16 Dec 04

Forgot to add,

This is a known problem with some early release versions of this game,the missing files are click here if your'e technically minded.

For some reason Activision do not see this fault as justification for refund or replacement.

jake williamson 23:52 16 Dec 04

worked a treat!

just got back from the pub, the file had downloaded, decompressed it, copyied the pak0.pk3 file across and bobs ya autie.

great stuff - thanks out there, saved the day again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…