Call of Duty loading problems

Charlie Brown 20:05 26 Jun 04

Everytime I want to start Call of Duty, I get a message saying "cannot load default cfg. Make sure that Call of Duty is run from the correct folder". It is installed in the C drive and I installed it without changing anything that came up on the screen during the installation process. The help section of the game offers some advice about this specific problem but I can't make any sense of it. I am not very good with computing so any help and explanation would be greatly appreciated.

woodbexhill 20:13 26 Jun 04

Multiplayer or Singleplayer?

If its multiplayer, go to your installation folder and find the file called config_mp.cfg (I think that is it, create a backup with a different name, and delete the original file - then re run the game). If that doesn't work, try safe mode - post back with the results.

Charlie Brown 00:05 27 Jun 04

It is single player.

Charlie Brown 00:55 27 Jun 04

Safe mode does the same thing. Help!!!

hugh-265156 01:04 27 Jun 04

this happens if you do not specify a directory to install to if its anything other than C:
make sure you specify a directory when installing. uninstall delete folders and reinstall again.

Charlie Brown 01:13 27 Jun 04

huggyg71, I don't specify a directory when installing, it comes up as C:/Program Files/Call of Duty by itself and I just click next.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…