Call of Duty installation

Les T 17:19 30 Dec 05

Sorry if it appears i'm being thick. I got Call of Duty for my Christmas, and have tried without success to install it. Disc 1 runs fine and the installation is up to 47%, tht's when the problems start, when i insert Disc 2 (when prompted), nothing happens. If i bring up the Windows Task Manager, it says the installation program is not responding.
Any ideas/advice?

Thanks in anticipation.

I'm running Windows XP SP2, 1Gb RAM, 122Gb free hard disc space.

LAP 17:44 30 Dec 05

I seem to remember this happened to me. The advice on a web site was 'do you have Nero or similar loaded' I did, uninstalled Nero, loaded Call of duty then reloaded Nero. If this does not apply to you I haven't got a clue!

Les T 11:31 31 Dec 05

I don't have Nero, but i do have Sonic Record Now. Could that be stopping it loading.

LAP 15:13 31 Dec 05

I suggest it is worth a try if you have the disk to reload 'Sonic Record Now' Uninstall and restart your computer, then try and install Call of Duty again. It worked for me and you will lose nothing. If not keep ^bumping^ this cos someone might have the answer.

Methedrine 15:48 31 Dec 05

Have you tried copying the entire contents of disc 2 to a new folder on your HDD? When it asks to insert disc 2, just "Browse" to the folder that you copied the disc to and click "OK".
This method worked for installing "Star Wars: Battlefront" on my son's PC.

Les T 16:13 31 Dec 05

Thanks folks. My Sonis Record Now is an OEM, that came pre-installed on my computer. I guess i could burn Sonic to a disc, unistall it, install COD and then re-install Sonic.
Thoughts/advice on this?

Number 7 16:22 31 Dec 05

click here and scroll down to the bit about holding down the shift key.

Les T 16:25 31 Dec 05

Number 7, I've tried this without success. I don't even get the splash screen up when i insert disc 2. Just nothing at all. Thanks anyway.

Les T 17:11 31 Dec 05

I tried it again after saying it didn't work (holding down the Shift key). I must have pressed it at the wrong time on my previous attempt. It worked a treat this time.
A very Happy New year to yourself and everybody else who has posted trying to me. Not forgetting everyone who uses and works for PC Advisor.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Echo1 14:30 01 Jan 06

Somebody lent me a copy of CoD a while back and I couldn't get it to install. I tried pressing the left-shift key and all that was suggested but it never worked.

I'm going to buy the Deluxe Edition as I think that copmes on DVD instead.

Only played the demo of it (as well as the demo of the expansion pack). It's an excellent game from what I played of it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017