Calendar in Hotmail/Outlook.com with Windows XP

RegScriv 05 Mar 13

Microsoft have moved from the old Windows Live/Hotmail format to the Outlook.com style. Now in XP I can't find my calendar. Contacts are also hard to find. Can anyone help.

Secret-Squirrel 05 Mar 13

At the top of the Outlook interface there's a blue horizontal bar. In the far left-hand corner, just to the right of where it says "Outlook", click the little downward-pointing arrow and you'll find the options you're looking for. To get to your contacts you'll need to choose "People".

RegScriv 05 Mar 13

Thanks for getting back Secret-Squirrel.

There is no downward-pointing arrow to the right of "Outlook", just "New +". It seems that logging into Hotmail just brings up the mail and nothing else.

I have Outlook.com on a Windows 7 computer which does exactly as you describe but cannot get the same user interface up on the XP computer (which is my wife's).

Secret-Squirrel 05 Mar 13

Outlook.com should look and function the same in all versions of Windows and all browsers. However, I did check on a Windows XP PC, and unsurprisingly, I could access the options missing on your wife's computer.

One tip that frequently helps when one website starts misbehaving is to delete all Temporary Internet files (AKA "Cache") and try again.

If that doesn't help then let us know which web browser your wife's using and its version number.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message