//some 3rd party need geo

Cacorder to PC questions

dth 15:16 17 Apr 04

The Mrs has bought a 8mm camcorder (Samsung VPL800)on holiday. Am keen to copy the footage to my p/c but haven't got a clue how to do it!

The camcorder has a S-Video connector (but no USB connector). Don't have any auitable connection for the s-video on my p/c. Is it just a case of buying a pci card with a s-video input and a suitable lead? Any idea on costs or is it more complicated?

Many thanks

Diodorus Siculus 15:32 17 Apr 04

Do you have a manual for it? Or maybe find one on the Samsung site?

Often they come with firewire ports - is there one?

dth 15:40 17 Apr 04

Have the manual for the Camcorder - it just refers to the S-video port. Is the Firewire port the bit I need on my PC to connect to the S-video?

Diodorus Siculus 15:43 17 Apr 04

S-Video is usually on your graphics card - a means of connecting the PC to something else; in this case, a camcorder. Does your graphics card have this S-video port?

dth 20:45 17 Apr 04

Thanks for the postings.

Just have a basic Nvidia MMX 4 graphic card - no S-video connection - just TV out and monitor.

dth 22:14 17 Apr 04

bump

Pamy 23:05 17 Apr 04

dth,
you have to be able to connect your camcoder to your PC.You say that your camcoder has S/VHS,so you have to have a graphics card with a S/VHS connector.

Pamy

dth 17:33 18 Apr 04

Thanks for posting.

My graphics card does not have a suitable connector for the s-video thingy. Instead do
I need a video-capture card (what ever they are....)

Thanks.

pj123 17:43 18 Apr 04

Check out Dazzle Fusion from click here I use it and it will capture almost anything.

Wes Tam ;-) 18:17 18 Apr 04

dth I have the Dazzle Digital Video Creator 80 that I no longer use that you can have for the cost of posting.

It has the usual white, red and yellow sockets for audio/video in plus an S-Video in socket. The computer interface is USB.

E-mail me if you're interested.

dth 20:23 18 Apr 04

Cheers Wes Tam - I have sent you a pm.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…