cache and firefox

futurist 16:50 10 Dec 08

hi,

i usually use a batch file on my desktop to clear my cache, but have found that it does not work with firefox. does firefox store your history, cookies, temp internet files, and so on in a different directory? if so, does anyone know what folder i can clear the contents of, if any. any help appreciated, cheers

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:57 10 Dec 08

Clear out all temporary files and folders -- use Crap Cleaner click here
much better than using a batch file.

Documents and Settings - "your username" - local settings - application data - mozilla - firefox -profiles - 2your profile" - cahche

dalek111 17:04 10 Dec 08

does Documents and Settings - "your username" - local settings - application data - mozilla - firefox -profiles - 2your profile" - cahche contain the whole cache, history, temp files, and cookies?

thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:22 10 Dec 08

Yes

ambra4 17:58 10 Dec 08

To clear Firefox Cache you can use the following method

Tools – Options – Advanced – Click Network Tab – Cache – Click Clear Now Button

Or you can try the Firefox Clear Cache Extension

Which adds a clear cache toolbar button to the menu bar

After installing the extension, find the clear cache button in the toolbar customization panel.

Just drag and drop to the main menu bar

Clear Cache Button Extension

click here

dalek111 18:36 10 Dec 08

thanks fruit bat

dalek111 18:37 10 Dec 08

sorry, one more thing,

can i delete everthing in Documents and Settings - "your username" - local settings - application data - mozilla - firefox -profiles - 2your profile" - cahche ? thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…