Cache and confusion!

Diemmess 16:37 10 Aug 06

I'm hesitant to start another thread having had such sterling help to re-launch a website click here
ts running and varous small errors have been changeded and the pages updated.
When I, me, myself - call up the website the latest change still does not show!
I was told to clear the Browser cache.

I have Run CCleaner, Internet Options in Control Panel, and Aols own cache disposer.
Even shut down altogether and then booted once more.
A friend in the locality reported that when he looked at the site it includes the latest single change. What am I doing/Not doing -wrong?

It may be a clue but I'm not sure what I should see in the website's control panel File Manager.
At the top level there are folders called public_html (where FE told me to publish), and www
Both folders open to the same set of subfolders and files.
index_html and html folder.
In html the same list of "page"_html files, all are bang up to date.

Is it usual to have both public_html AND www in the same primary list?

Forum Editor 19:05 10 Aug 06

"what I should see in the website's control panel File Manager"

What are you using to look at the site? By that I mean what software - are you looking via Net Objects Fusion, or something else?

I've taken a look at your server files, and I can see that all your site page files have been updated today. You say that there has been a latest, single change, but you've obviously re-published the entire site today, and I'm wondering why you did that - Why don't you tell NOF just to publish the pages that have changed? It's a much faster way of working.

Looking at the server via WSFTP Pro, which is my preferred FTP program I can see your site looking exactly as it should for a site that's been designed in NOF. That's the way you should keep it - keep telling NOF to publish everything to the public_html directory, and all will be well.

ade.h 19:20 10 Aug 06

And don't be tempted to experiment with custmising the folder strcutre on NOF's Publish page - it can be useful for large sites if you know what you're doing, but shouldn't be changed otherwise.

Now that you have responsibility for a website, you would benefit from having Firefox and possibly Opera as well. If you can keep AOL's cache clear, it might help your problem as well.

Diemmess 21:38 10 Aug 06

FE
The quote you picked, relates to me looking at every "parish_council_html" I could find on the control panel of the website. All had the updated small change of a single email address.

I desperately published the entire site yet again this morning as you saw.
The whole world can see the correct version when they enter the domain thank goodness, why - not - me?

I described earlier how I have done everything I know to empty the Browser cache.

ade.h
Thanks too for the caution about NOT doing anything with the folder www.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I stopped writing this post, and for the first time tried emptying the Aol Browser cache while still online.
..........IT HAS DONE THE TRICK.

I'm fairly sure Aol Live Help said go off line first.
Whatever, thank you both for fishing me out of the mire yet again.

Now at last I feel more confident that if I do as you advise and keep it simple, then I really can control this domain.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac