CABLING LONG DISTANCE

roygrant2000 20:47 03 Jan 09

CAN ANY ONE TELL ME THE BEST WAY TO CABLE A NETWORK HALF A MILE APART, THE ROUTER IS IN ONE ROOM AND I NEED TO NETWORK A BUILDING HALF MILE A WAY

ambra4 21:23 03 Jan 09

There is no need to shout, typing in caps on a forum is shouting

You have a router at one site and you want access half mile away

Is there line of site to the other building or is there other building in the way?

roygrant2000 21:29 03 Jan 09

Sorry about shouting, there is a line of sight to the other building, i thought about using a wireless bridge but the building has 20 rooms that have to have a internet connection so i ahve to put a 24port switch in this building with a single data piont in each room with a AP in the reception area

ambra4 22:06 03 Jan 09

Give this company a call they would be able to assist in the type of equipment that you would

need to set up and allow access to your present network

click here

ashleycardwell94 00:44 10 Sep 09

using an Ethernet cable would be useless because it would end up being to slow, try using fibre optic, a lot of big companies and schools use then as long as they have a repeater to repeat the signal half way down the line. this requires no software but a line of fibrepotic, a repearter and a fibre optic to ethernet port on both sites, kits are available.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…