Cable Select Or Master and Slave

KAI 15:55 11 Jan 05

I have just fitted my first upgrade, a DVD-RW drive, a Christmas present. the two drives allready fitted were DVD-ROM (d:) and CDRW (e:)both were Cable Select factory set and both on the Secondary IDE cable.
I fitted my new drive (to replace the Samsung CD-RW) to Master as per instructions and made the DVD-ROM slave, everything is OK, works fine DVD-ROM is now (e:) and DVD-RW (d:).
The Question is, Should I have made the DVD-RW cable select and left the DVD-ROM cable select as well? my handbook that came with the computer said cable select but I went with the DVD-RW instructions.
I just want to make sure I've done it right but there again don't want to keep removing drives and reseting jumpers if it won't make a difference to the performance.

Running XP
2.3 ghz processor
1gb ram
E Machine
ECCD creator 6 Platinum
Regards
Kai

Technotiger 16:00 11 Jan 05

Hi, you have done just fine - leave it as is.

Cheers.

KAI 16:10 11 Jan 05

Thanks,
Haven't even got off line yet and have my answer, now that's what I call service. Thanks once again to the Forum especially Technotiger for prompt responce.

Kai

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…