Cable or not to cable that is the question

brindly 17:52 11 Jan 10

Hi all,

I have just been reading some of the rather complicated discussions about internet connections. I am with Tiscali , now Talk Talk. Everything is fine with my connection through the etherenet cable to my desktop however the wireless connection to my laptop is non existent, the server is not even on the network connection list. I have spent the past 3 weeks trying to get online help, no luck with the advice from Tiscali, sssooooo I need to ask all you IT experts if I can do the following. As my router has 4 portals can I run a cable to the room where my laptop is, connect the laptop and use the internet on both computers at the same time? My logic is if we can use the internet at the same time when the wireless connection worked why not with the cable???

Woolwell 20:40 11 Jan 10

Yes. Cable will work.

brindly 22:27 11 Jan 10

Thank Woolwell, I won't have to waste any more time with the tiscali help line. I am still waiting for their answer from 7 jan. I have maerked this resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…