Cable N Router for Win7

cagey 20:54 10 Nov 09

Can anyone reccomend an easy to setup Cable N Router suitable for Win7?

mgmcc 22:10 10 Nov 09

Computers connect to a router using TCP/IP protocol and, as the router isn't installed either as software or as hardware, the operating system is immaterial.

Pick a wireless 802.11n "Cable/DSL Router" from one of the mainstream suppliers - Belkin, Netgear, D-Link, Linksys - and make sure the Windows 7 PC has a compatible 802.11n Wireless Network Adapter installed.

cagey 22:49 10 Nov 09

mgmcc Thanks for your reply, could you explain to me your last sentence (make sure the Windows 7 PC has a compatible 802.11n Wireless Network Adapter installed) I'm not sure what you mean?

cagey 11:20 11 Nov 09

mgmcc or anyone else. Been thinking about my last post. Surely if Im linking the router to my Win7 PC, I don't need to attach a compatible 802.11n Wireless Network Adapter to this PC, they are only required on remote computers I think?
Please advise?

Tech Guy 19:19 11 Nov 09

If your computer and router are in close proximity then you'd just connect using a straight through Ethernet cable, no wireless adapter is necessary.

cagey 22:38 11 Nov 09

Thanks Tech Guy, that's what I thought. I've ordered NetgearWNR854T RangeMax Next Wireless-N cable router. I hope setting up is easy, Virginmedia is my ISP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos