Cable modem....do I connect via usb or ethernet ?

_chris_ 17:20 28 Jan 03

I am about to install my cable modem. I have a choice of usb or ethernet card. Which should I choose ? NTL recommends using usb as its simpler but is this the most effective method ?

Your oppinions would be appreciated

Chris

jcb33 17:23 28 Jan 03

USB is prown to problems ethernet is faster 4 online games and downloads is simple to install if u have a nete#work card and is not incompatible with stupid drivers

BRYNIT 17:30 28 Jan 03

I agree less problems with ethernet

Elrond 17:32 28 Jan 03

From what i've seen on here some find one or the other better so it's different experiences. I've got mine connected to an ethernet, as more did prefer it than USB

jazzypop 17:36 28 Jan 03

Same question yesterday - same answer - click here

as400man 17:36 28 Jan 03

I had problems with ntl BB (it turned out the activaton code sent to my set top had failed 3 times) so I spoke to several ntl techies and they all said go ethernet if you have it for reliability and performance.
So I did and I have a spare USB port.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…