cable modem ntl

Irene40 22:47 24 Feb 07

hello, on the modem, theres these words which light up, power-usb-enet-send-recv-sync- and ready.the ready where it is suppose to light up doesnt and cant connect to internet.How do ya fix it.Thanks

PalaeoBill 23:05 24 Feb 07

This is a job NTL (or Virgin Media now).
If there is nothing but the home 100 plugged in and the ready light does not come on after cycling the power, then you need to call customer services.

Arnie 23:06 24 Feb 07

you could try switching off the power to the modem, then waiting a minute before switching on again.
This will often reset the box.

Arnie.

Irene40 23:23 24 Feb 07

Arnie i did try that doesnt do the job,ive actually borrowed my neighbours modem and works fine on mines but ive to give her this back lol..ill get intouch with ntl, PalaeoBill i forgot there Virgin Media now, dont think i can get use to callin em virgin, cheerss thanks for yur help

PalaeoBill 23:37 24 Feb 07

If your neighbours modem is working on your line, it may be worth a bit of diagnostics on your modem.

click here

Dipso 23:48 24 Feb 07

click here and select Understanding the lights on your Broadband device which can help decide what to do with problems like this.

Arnie 00:38 25 Feb 07

very useful links.

Thank you.

birdface 13:18 25 Feb 07

Hi,I know Broadband Medic worked on IE6.Dont know if it works on IE7 yet,But that was a good tool if you had any connection problems.

birdface 13:52 25 Feb 07

Ignore that last one,I do not see any sign of broadband medic anymore on NTL,Maybe they have stopped it because of the conflict Between it and IE7,

Dipso 15:03 25 Feb 07

There's a hyperlink at the bottom of the page I linked to for something called "Cable broadband help tool", I don't know if this is the same thing as broadband medic.

Smiler 15:22 25 Feb 07

This any good click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…