Cable Modem Confusion - Help!

Mr Lizard 17:01 14 Oct 03

My computer can be connected directly to my Motorola SURFboard cable modem via either USB or Ethernet - however, no internet connection can be established with either... only once BOTH cables are connected at the same time can I access the internet. Please Help!

Lozzy 18:50 14 Oct 03

sounds very odd

Have you installed the software correctly? as it should work with either but not both together.. I would suggest that the ethernet connection is by far the better option

Mr Lizard 10:43 15 Oct 03

I also wanted to use the Ethernet connection, so chose to do so on the first installation attempt. This failed, so I tried again with the USB instead. When this also failed, I tried both cables together out of curiosity and even though neither installation attempt had been successful in communicating with my Modem, I now have a connection.

Could it be some kind of conflict with a Network connection or my USB Printer/Scanner?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…