Cable to connect computer to TV

Stuart Leyland 17:33 28 Nov 03

Hi all.

I need to know what type of cable I need to make use of the TV out feature of my graphics card (GeForce FX5200).

I am assuming all I need is a cable which plugs into my graphics card then into the computer? IF this is the case, could you tell me where I would purchase such a cable from? If it's not, then please correct me and point me in the right direction.

Thanks a lot.

bremner 17:38 28 Nov 03

S Video cable is what you need

Stuart Leyland 17:43 28 Nov 03

Thanks bremner for the quicker reply. Just done a search on currys.com (click here) for S Video and got, amongst others, the following product code: 537491. If you could search for that on the Currys' website and tell me if it is the correct one then I would be very grateful.

bremner 17:48 28 Nov 03

It looks like it but that is very expensive. Compare it with click here

If you have a local Maplin store I would try there.

don't forget with the cable bremner say's needs an s-video connection on the tv as well (its normaly a yellow plug)

Stuart Leyland 18:28 28 Nov 03

Hi guys.

After looking at my TV, it would appear that I have a socket for "Video" on the front of the TV but no S-Video :o( Is there anything that can be done?

Cheers

yes? go to maplin and look at the leads they do you can get all sorts of mix and match leads that have the right connections at each end.

bremner 18:37 28 Nov 03

The 'Video' socket on the front of your TV does it look the same as the TV Out socket on your PC/Graphics card?

Stuart Leyland 18:41 28 Nov 03

[email protected] E,

Any links at all mate as I'm lost with this :o(

bremner,

Nope. The TV out port on my graphics card is like the one in the link you posted and the one of the TV is like one you put a microphone in on your PC. That's the best way I can describe it but it's a little wider.

Hope this helps :o)

bremner 18:46 28 Nov 03

Therefore on the TV are there two other connections marked audio next to the Video one?

Stuart Leyland 18:48 28 Nov 03

That would be correct, yes. The Video socket is yellow, left audio is white and right audio is red.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…