Cable broadband but DSL router!

SteveJH 10:56 01 Oct 04

I'm a student who's just had cable broadband from Telewest installed. Telewest provided a Motorola Surfboard Cable modem. My flatmates and I want to share the connection and a relative has given us a SpeedTouch 510 multi-user gateway. The problem is that the router only has a DSL socket. Are there such things as cable to DSL adaptors or do we need to fork out for another router?

Noelg23 11:07 01 Oct 04

you would need a new broadband router...I was living with two other guys and one of them has Telewest so I went out and bought a broadband router from click here I think its the RP614...it has 4 ports with a built in firewall...i still have it here at my new place with my partner but I dont use it now as I have my one PC with a 1mg internet connection so if you want it i can sell it to you for a cut price of £40 cos its £60 or more in the shops...plus I'll give you the cables free of charge. it works a charm...

SEASHANTY 11:20 01 Oct 04

Lots of info on NTL and Telewest on Robin Walkers website click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…