Cable broadband cable

  Midsman2005 15:17 18 Dec 06

Hello forum,

I have a Telewest cable broadband connection.

Unfortunately my wireless router seems to be having problems broadcasting into one room room in my house. I have tried several things to get a better signal but its still not acceptable.

So I am now simply going to run a cable into the offending room.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of where to get the cable from that goes from the cable modem to the PC? I need several meters of it.



  Stuartli 15:19 18 Dec 06

Excellent company:

click here

There's also Maplins but not necessarily the cheapest.

  Midsman2005 15:23 18 Dec 06

Thanks for that.

Unfortunately though, I have absolutely no idea what type/sort of cable I need without actually seeing it. I know what it looks like but I dont know what type it actually is!...if that makes sense!

Does anybody know what the cable for cable broadband (the one from the modem to the pc) is called?


  keef66 15:29 18 Dec 06

It's just standard network cable, sometimes called ethernet cable. Cat 5e with an RJ45 connector at each end I think. Pretty cheap these days.

Have a look at this lot from Ebuyer for instance

click here

  Midsman2005 15:37 18 Dec 06


Thats the one.

Thank you both...and merry Christmas!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos