Cable Broadband

Falk 16:16 30 May 05

Im currently on blueyonder broadband from Telewest. The service I had is written as 1mb however on related speed tests I seem to get figures that would seem to fit a 512k connection. My PC is connected through a router which has two other PCs operating on it, the tests were done when both others PCs were not switched on(not sure if this makes a difference).

Im just wondering if this is correct and cable broadband somehow works in this way or if perhaps a phonecall to them is neccessary?

Thanks

Taff36 16:30 30 May 05

Where did you get the test figures from? The most reliable source is probably the router itself from the connection status interface on the router admin.

Falk 18:43 30 May 05

Unfortunately Im not able to access the router interface but the test results were compiled from various online "speed test" websites from links from these forums.

Taff36 20:15 30 May 05

I have tried various of those and the most accurate is click here which is closest to my router reports. Have you tried this one?

What make of router is it? I am not familiar with cable routers but I would have thought it would have some method of communication in case of problems or is it all sorted from the cable company end.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…