.cab files

rombrain 23:21 09 Mar 03

Can anyone tell me what are .cab files and what do they do ?

Simon_P 23:24 09 Mar 03

They are Windows files

More info click here

rombrain 23:30 09 Mar 03

The reason I ask is all of a sudden I got a probem loading any o/s (95/98/me). As soon as the prog files start loading it starts missing the .cab files. Any ideas?

DieSse 23:41 09 Mar 03

Don't understand what "missing the .cab files" means - exactly what error message is there?

rombrain 23:46 09 Mar 03

The error message is "setup was interrupted ***.cab file cannot be found. If I tell it to skip file it starts to load again but then the same happens again with a different .cab file and so on every couple of seconds.

User-312386 00:13 10 Mar 03

you need to do a system file check

go to start>run and then type sfc

when it says you have a corrupt file, pop in your windows disc and it will load it for you

madboy33

Stuartli 08:57 10 Mar 03

Even better is to create a cab folder on your hard drive and then SFC can find and install a missing or corrupt file instantly.

rombrain 18:40 10 Mar 03

Thanks everyone for your help, will give your suggestions a try.

Stuartli 19:18 10 Mar 03

It will be more than a try - you need them...:-)

If you put the cab files on your HDD by copying them across, best name the subfolder on the lines of Win98 (or whichever version it is); it goes, of course, in the main Windows folder.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…