*.cab files

Shas 12:52 26 May 04

Is it necessary for these to reside on the hard drive or could I move them to a cd-r and then if needed at any time, access the files from that.

The reason I ask is that I've just read an article where someone was being advised to copy the .cab files from his Windows cd TO his hard drive, so he didn't have to cart the cd around with him, so it made me wonder if I could do it the other way round. Getting all sorts of freeze up problems at the moment so I'm wondering if it's because I'm down to 247 MB of space on my C drive, and I'm desperately trying to free some up. (Running Windows 98 SE, 6.4GB hard drive.)

Would appreciate any advice, thanks.

Stuartli 12:54 26 May 04

No reason why you shouldn't - it's basically a case of convenience to have them on the hard drive.

Stuartli 12:56 26 May 04

Mine take up 462MB on the hard drive so you would release quite a bit of space - but make two backup copies just in case...:-)

Shas 13:01 26 May 04

That's great, thanks Stuartli, I'll go for it. :o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…