CA to KASPERSKY anti virus

vectradam 14:33 27 Dec 08

my mum is changing from CA to KASPERSKY for price and hopefully a faster computer. are there any tricks to deleting CA correctly and also is there likely to be much speed increase ,as when i went from mcafee to kaspersky the extra speed was fantastic. shes also changing from tiscali broadband modem to O2 broadband ,is this likely to be an improvement as tiscali seems to be very slow sometimes.

many thanks

Pineman100 16:51 27 Dec 08

I changed from Norton 360 to Kaspersky Internet Security about 8 months ago (running under XP), and to be honest I was disappointed at how little speed gain I achieved.

I suggest you recommend that your mum changes to free security software, such as AVG Free antivirus (click here) and Zone Alarm firewall (click here). They're both quite light on computer resources, and trusted by many people on this forum.

There's nothing wrong with changing from Tiscali to O2, but don't get your mum's hopes up too high for any dramatic improvement in speed. There are many factors that dictate the speed of a broadband connection, and by no means all of them are under the ISP's control. For example, the distance from your mum's house to the telephone excahnge is probably the single most important factor.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5