C40 plus printer

Fullywired 19:45 26 Jun 04

hi guys
need a little help, my friend has just had her Hard drive formatted, and Windows 98 has been installed, however, her printer drivers have obviously been deleted and she does not have the origianal driver disk, i have downloaded the latest drivers for her epson stylus C40 plus, straight from the Epson site, however, when i came to install them last nite it cannot find the printer, the printer is swiched on, and there is even paper and ink in them, i think the problem is that it is plugged into a USB port and the driver set up is not searching those ports, i have had a tip from a Friend that it may not be set up in the bios for a USB printer, however, i cannot enter the bios because there is an access password set, no-one i ask seems no know what the passwod is, this is a very old PC and all the bios is Award BIOS thats all i know, is there any way of getting past this or am i stuck at this point? any help will be much appreciated

Regards

Fullywired

Dorsai 19:59 26 Jun 04

You may need some USB drivers for this system for WIN 98 to recognose USB devices...Try the PC makers home site to see if this PC needs their own USB drivers

Fullywired 20:09 26 Jun 04

it was a computer built my her friend and we have no contact info, the computer is so old that i cant get any sense of the hardware!
i would ask her to look but she would have no chance even if i gave her step by step!!

Sans le Sou 21:44 26 Jun 04

I do not know if this may help click here;EN-US;263218

Sans le Sou 21:47 26 Jun 04

click here;EN-US;263218 Bad link first time

Sans le Sou 21:48 26 Jun 04

Sorry will not copy link properly

THE TERMINATOR 01:37 27 Jun 04

Have you installed the drivers, if so try the Add Hardware Wizard....TT

Sharpamatt 06:32 27 Jun 04

In the Add/remove programs ( control pannel ) there is the option to add windows components, if you did a basic rather than custom install USB will not have been enabled. so run this and check that option

Fullywired 09:39 27 Jun 04

will i be needing the windows 98 cdrom to do this? thanks for all the help, i'll get back to you soon

Fullywired

pj123 11:52 27 Jun 04

Epson USB printers should not be connected or switched on before installing the drivers. Try unplugging the printer and install the drivers. The installation will tell you when to plug in and switch on. If that fails I have an Epson original C40 plus driver disc that is no use to me as the printer is in the bin. email me if you want it and I will post it to you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…