c2.lop

hzhzhz 19:17 21 Sep 05

My daughter has one of 3 computers on our home network. We access the net through a d-link router. The router failed to work the other day but we eventually got it working again. What we discovered was tghat when my daughter went on the net, the router would fail. When we ran beta 1 on her pc we discovered c2.lop which was removed, but the problem still exists.When we block her pc the other 2 computers work fine through the router but as soon as her pc is allowed access then the router fails.Has c2.lop done the damage and if so how can we repair?.

stalion 19:24 21 Sep 05

try scanning the offending pc with spybot incase it is still in the system
click here

curlylad 19:35 21 Sep 05

c2.lop can be removed by CWShredder click here

hzhzhz 19:59 21 Sep 05

We only have an older version of spybot which wont run without updates. Can spybot or cw shredder etc be downloaded to disc with another pc for use in offending pc.

VoG II 20:00 21 Sep 05

Yes, either of them can.

You may want to try this as well - I think its unlikely but you never know click here

stalion 20:00 21 Sep 05

yes they can

hzhzhz 20:19 21 Sep 05

thanks, were going to try your suggestions now.

hzhzhz 20:31 21 Sep 05

If I download spybot and cw shredder will I have the same problem, with them both searching for updates once in the dodgy pc. What if I try and connect this pc to the net with an aol modem instead of the router, do you think I would have trouble still?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…