C:\ WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT

rrussgriffin 19:20 31 Aug 04

Hi i am having trouble with my pc. I am running XP pro and have all the latest updates. I have tried to open some programs and get the following message...(In the blue bar at the top) it says..16 bit Windows Subsystem...and underneath it says.. C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable
for running MS-Dos and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application....I have had some help from people on this site, by installing Autoexec.nt..Config.nt and Command.com. I have also tried to copy files to the system32 file as suggested,this works fine until i restart my pc it goes back to the same problem. Any ideas.Russ.

Dan the Confused 20:52 31 Aug 04
  rrussgriffin 08:29 02 Sep 04

Dan, I have tried all of that and it is still the same. At first when I did the first bit and tried to run a program it was ok. Then when I restarted it was back to square one so i tried the second part and I think I did it correctly. When I restart same again.

Dan the Confused 19:11 02 Sep 04

Have you checked the hard drive for errors? Click start>run and type cmd (press enter) then type chkdsk /f (press enter).

rrussgriffin 16:00 05 Sep 04

I tried to open a win 98 cd to make a boot disk, so this is one program, and some programs i had running before i put service pack 2 on. Which i have now removed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple