//some 3rd party need geo

C-Media xear 3D

Cuddles 23:06 24 Nov 04

Reinstalled software for cm onboard soundcard on a system after a virus took hold, sound works fine, but can't get the xear 3D audio configuration to work, have downloaded latest drivers from c-media site, when clicking on icon in control panel does not make any difference.
Any ideas please.

Cuddles 11:23 25 Nov 04

bump!

dagwoood 12:04 25 Nov 04

Your onboard sound is still enabled in your BIOS isn't it?

dagwoood.

Stuartli 15:18 25 Nov 04

Have you also checked Sound Properties to ensure that surround/3D sound has been Enabled/Selected and not just Desktop Stereo?

Cuddles 17:30 25 Nov 04

dagwood, yes it is enabled in the bios, the card works but not the xear 3D.

Stuartli, everything is enabled, clicking on cmi configuration in control panel does nothing.

dagwoood 21:38 25 Nov 04

Cuddles, my motherboard also came with C-media s/w and drivers for the onboard sound.

I've recently installed a 5:1 soundcard, but if I disable this and play around with the onboard sound settings, I can't duplicate your problem.

The only other thing I can suggest is that you remove the C-media s/w using Add/remove in the control panel and try reinstalling it again and see if that cures the problem.

dagwoood.

Cuddles 23:38 25 Nov 04

dagwood, I have uninstalled via the add/remove programs and used regedit to remove, have reinstalled using windows update and the original cd that came with the motherboard, all to no avail, I think thats one of the many joys of computing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pinfog 23:51 25 Nov 04

if its onboard sound go to the mainboard manufacturers site and download the latest correct driver there. dont know what your OS is but the drivers on the m'board disk may be out of date

i just had the same problem with C Media AC97 on a Kobian m'board

Cuddles 08:22 26 Nov 04

Pinfog, will try that later cheers!

Stuartli 10:52 26 Nov 04

Have you also checked the C-Media mixer's configuration, especially that Mute has been disabled where it shouldn't have been (double click on the Volume icon in the Taskbar)?

Until I was given a SoundBlaster Live! 5.1 about a year ago I used the C-Media 8378 onboard sound for four years - it provided remarkably good sound quality and the only real difference with the Creative is that it has a bit more low down solidity through my IBM 2.1 setup.

Cuddles 11:52 26 Nov 04

Stuartli, The soundcard works ok with no problem, the problem is that i can not access the configuration for xear 3D.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…