C-Madia AC97 Audio Device Properties

mystrius 01:58 05 Apr 06

The message I read is: WIndows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. Driver may be corrupted or missing [Code 39] Because I am unable to learn what Code 39 is, what the heck is the sytem telling me, what corrective action is needed? Fedback appreciated.

Diodorus Siculus 07:23 05 Apr 06

Go into the device manager and remove the audio drivers. Then reboot and windows may reinstall the drivers for you.

IF not, click here
SIW will ID the audio manufacturer and you can get new drivers.

SANTOS7 10:37 05 Apr 06

Code 39
Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Recommended resolution

Reasons for this error include a driver that is not present; a binary file that is corrupted; a file I/O problem, or a driver that references an entry point in another binary file that could not be loaded.

Uninstall the driver, and then click Scan for hardware changes to reinstall or upgrade the driver.

click here
use the link for future ref,

Stuartli 12:23 05 Apr 06

C-Media audio drivers can be downloaded from its website:

click here

C-Media onboard sound chipsets are remarkably good, especially in view of their very modest price.

Realtek is perhaps slightly superior but there's not much in it.

mystrius 19:02 05 Apr 06

To responders of my question, thank you very much for the information in your replys and helpful added commentary. I will follow through as suggested.

Terry Brown 19:45 05 Apr 06

Thanks Stuart for the link. I use C-Media--No problems yet, but it's always handy to know where to find the right link.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…