c drive too small for music, e drive empty!!

Lippy 17:46 16 Jun 07

Hi All,
Just bought a new laptop and been putting my music files on it. I believe it has 2 drives. One 111gb approx) divided into 2 (C & D) and one (another 111gb approx), E. My user account and documents/data, music, videos, pictures etc. are all stored by default on the C: drive which has rapidly filled up. How can I change this so that my files are all on the vacant E drive. Why is it set up this way anyway, surely the owners user files on a pc are going to take up the bulk of the space?
I'm using Vista on this laptop.
Thanks in advance,
Lippy

FreeCell 17:56 16 Jun 07

Try this to relocate documenbts to your other drive
click here

eedcam 18:29 16 Jun 07

Open explorer and drag the folder to the other Drive

Lippy 13:47 17 Jun 07

Hi Freecell, I tried what was sggested hereand all is seemed to do is rename my Documents folder "E:\local drive" If I now try to restoreas it wasit won't let me and raises an error message " Failed to build the list of regular subfolders under "E:\ system volume information" Access is denied"
So now I've lost the easy link to Documents and the C: drive is still full. Any ideas what's happened?
Lippy

eedcam 15:09 17 Jun 07

System Restore ?

FreeCell 09:27 18 Jun 07

Lippy
Can you give us more information on your computer (Make/ model).

Sounds like you don't actually have a separate E: drive as you stated. Two hard drives in a laptop is certainly unusual and what is flagged as E: may just be a recovery/backup virtual drive. Do you have any back-up software installed?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced