C drive memory

Charlemagne 20:41 12 Aug 05

I am still running Windows 98 on a Pentium 2 and I am continually running out of memory on my C Drive. What puzzles me is that when I look at the contents of the drive there is no obvious culprit. Lately the free memory is dropping well below 100 Mb. The usual drive cleanup leaves little impression. Suggestions welcome.

Jackcoms 20:55 12 Aug 05

I assume that you mean hard disk storage capacity rather than 'memory' which is a different concept altogether.

Download, install and run click here

This will clean out all the 'crap' that has built up on your PC over the years.

It is perfectly safe to use and you may safely delete everything that it finds under the 'Issues' tab.

You will be surprised how much additional hard disk capacity it will give you.

DieSse 01:48 13 Aug 05

How large is the drive? If you're running that close to the limits, you may just need a larger drive.

You can cut the size of the recycle bin down - right-click on it - select properties - and set it down from 10% to, say 3 or 4%

You can also set Internet Explorer to delete all Temporary files when it closes. Look in Tools - Options.

Jackcoms 07:42 15 Aug 05

It isn't usual to e-mail Forum members directly unless invited to do so. It's better to simply add another post to the thread so that all members can see the progress of the original problem.

However, I'm pleased that CCleaner "delivered the goods" for you as reported in your e-mail to me of 14 August. :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…