C: Drive full remove programs

kingussie 17:46 21 Apr 05

I am getting info that C drive and Hard drive are full and that to make sufficient space I need to remove programs not used. Problem......... The list that comes up identfy programs that are rarely used but I am frightened to remove them because of the consequences as I do not have the reinstall disc as my PC came from the states and is a Vaio PCG Z1WA
What can I uninstall or can I get extra memory from somewhere else. When I try to play music files the problem comes up a lot and I have done the removal of temp internet files etc. Help !

Yoda Knight 17:52 21 Apr 05

Run ccleaner click here to remove *most* unnecessary temp files

If that doesnt help, you only have one of two options really, upgrade your hard drive/ram or uninstall some programs.

Yoda Knight 17:57 21 Apr 05

Post a list of your possible candidates for uninstalling and someone will advise as to what they are and if you should keep them or not

Graham ® 18:02 21 Apr 05

Vaio PCG Z1WA is a notebook, or laptop in old money.

woodchip 18:07 21 Apr 05

If you have lot's Music file's move these to another disc i.e get a external usb drive or CDR

Belatucadrus 18:31 21 Apr 05

Try using Sequoiaview to identify what's hogging your drive space click here .
Then tell us what you're thinking of removing, most of it will have a freeware equivalent available to download to CD if you want.

click here

click here

Graham ® 19:38 21 Apr 05

Some interesting points here click here

Belatucadrus 22:56 21 Apr 05

You're most unlikely to have filled 60Gb with too many programs, say approx 2Gb for windows and another 2 to 3 for other programs, something else is filling your drive. Run Sequoiaview identify the big files and then decide what to do:- burn to CD, delete or Zip them.

Graham ® 08:28 22 Apr 05

From the reviews at my 19:38, I note that the hard drive is split into C and D. Perhaps some content could be moved to D if C is getting full.

Also, it ships with a trial version of Office. Now that takes up a lot of space. If it's not being used it could go, but unfortunately it will need the installation disc to uninstall.

kingussie 08:40 22 Apr 05

Thanks one and all
more than enough to be going on with
As usual you are all stars

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…