C Drive full

Axii9 17:45 24 Jun 06

My C drive is almost full. All my stuff is on there. I have a 'Local disk E' and 'Local disk F'.

How do I activate them and get my documents, web file etc to automatically save in them?

howard63 17:53 24 Jun 06

you can right click on your c drive my documents and 1 of the options should be to move it - you can then tell it E or F. Then make sure everything else you load is directed to e or f.

Diemmess 17:54 24 Jun 06

In principle, when you save anything ---

Look at the window before you click the Save button.
You will see you can not only type in the name of the file you are saving, but also where to save it.
There is a default offered in one place but you can usually click the arrow at the right hand end of this panel and choose the drive and even the folder where you wish to save it.

(It is unusual to have 3 local disks unless you or someone else either partitioned the Hard Drive, or you have more than one hard drive in the "box")

DieSse 17:57 24 Jun 06

If you right click on My Documents - it shows you where the folder is - and (in XP - maybe others) has a Move button. You can make it point to somewhere on your E drive if you wish.

Whenever you save something, you always have the option to choose where you save it to - simply choose the E or F drive rather than the C drive. If you use "Save As" you can even create a new folder anywhwere to save your work.

Run Disk CleanUp to remove all unnecessary files from your system - It's in the Program Files - Accessories - System Tools menu

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…