C D Writing problems

paddy75 14:36 02 May 04

Hi all,i have just installed my new multi dvd writer,i have successfully copied my mp3 collection to dvd+r without any problems.I went to copy some digital photos to cdr and nero told me the disc was not writable even though it was and i tried two different makes.I noticed when i installed the drive my incd icon on the task bar stopped working,(it has a yellow exclaimation mark through it)i have tried to install incd again but it will not install,i think it is an older version if that makes any difference.I am using win 98se but i have my xp upgrade here and want to upgrade.Hope you can help Paddy..

Diodorus Siculus 14:51 02 May 04

InCD needs to be uninstalled before changing the physical drives - it may be that which is causing a problem if you did not do so.

But that should not be a problem for copying to CD-R disks; are you using the same program as you use for the DVDs?

paddy75 14:55 02 May 04

Iam using nero 6, there is a drop down box for dvd or cd writing which i clickedon.I have uninstalled incd and reinstalled it again but the yellow mark is still there.Paddy

GaT7 18:50 04 May 04

Is your problem solved? If not you could ask Nero directly for help by filling & submitting this online form, describing your problem in the appropriate box - click here. Good luck, G

paddy75 20:59 04 May 04

Thanks for your replies i upgraded to xp over the weekend and this cured my problem.I have to say that i think xp is excellent, should have done it long ago.Paddy

Diodorus Siculus 23:27 04 May 04

Yes, I have XP on my laptop and it is good but I am still a great fan of Win 2000.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…