C D-RW Software for use with win 2000

Paisley 16:09 12 Nov 03

can anyone reccomend a good proram for my cd-rw drive to use with windows 2000 as I have installed the stuff that came with the drive and cannot burn anything

jimv7 16:11 12 Nov 03

Nero from click here

Paisley 17:12 12 Nov 03

hi I have already got nero 5.5 but the problem is I cannot see disks in this drive, win2000 recognises the drive but will not see any disks what can I do

TommyRed 17:25 12 Nov 03

Have you upgraded to the latest version from the Nero site click here . also it could be the type of media you are using, try and change the CD's for another quality brand. HTH TR

Paisley 17:41 12 Nov 03

have tried to download latest version of nero but it will not donload, have also tried various types of media with no luck

MichelleC 17:54 12 Nov 03

Have you got sp4?

Paisley 20:00 12 Nov 03

yes I have installed sp4 still no luck

Alan2 20:53 12 Nov 03

I've just had a similar problem having changed a read only CD/DVD drive to a CD-RW one. Whilst the BIOS and system manager could see the drive it disn't show up on "my computer".

However, when exploring drive management and looking at the drive letters I noticed that the CDD was now F: whereas the previous one was U: (due to drive conflict problems).

When I changed the drive to U: everything became operational and I'm now burning away.

I hope this helps.

Alan.

critic-al 20:59 12 Nov 03

In nero isn't there something in tools that performs a test on all drives? having not used nero myself,i am a roxio user, but i'm sure someone will offer you the instructions for this.also have you tried "aspi check"?
click here

Paisley 21:17 12 Nov 03

the drive is E: it has never been installed on any other drive but I will try and change it, I downloaded the drive checker and it says all is ok but I still cant get the drive to see any cd's in it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…