C and D drive have swapped over - help!

t.long 11:21 03 Feb 03

Basicly I had two HDD C 40gig and D 8gig, on booting up Windows - XP Proffesional - failed to load, so I reinstalled. Only then I notced that windows had installed to the 8gig drive, a copy of windows is still on the 40gig drive but I can not get Windows to boot from it, I have tried changeing the order in the BIOS, and useing the boot menu. Basicly I am thinking that I am going to do a backup to CD then format both disks, I am just worried that whatever caused the disks to switch round might cause some more problems.

Tom

Tog 11:26 03 Feb 03

Have you done any work inside the PC recently?

t.long 11:29 03 Feb 03

No thats the realy funny thing, I take it that if the master jumper fell of the 40gig that might cause the problem, I am assumeing here that the master will always be C. Still I guess when I get home I will take a look.

tom

Switcher 11:46 03 Feb 03

You could disable the 8Gig by disconnecting the Power and signal cable from it.

Then check that the bios recognises the 40gig as a master and if so re-install windows on it.

t.long 21:56 03 Feb 03

Well it was a jumper that fell off, lord knows how, still all sorted now, thanxs guys.

Tom

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…