C Cleaner question

nickyjane 19:05 08 Feb 09

Hi Guys . having been using c cleaner for a few weeks and seems ok, have scanned on the registry option and found a number of issues. is it safe to let c cleaner fix them.

Issues are; missing shared ddl. unsed file extension. active x /com issue. missing typelib reference. installer reference issue. uninstaller
reference issue. old start menu key.missing mui reference. op is xp home, I was told not to touch the registry. Need your help. thanks

Sea Urchin 19:08 08 Feb 09

Yes, no problem to fix them, but let it do the backup

eedcam 22:36 08 Feb 09

As said just make sure you know where you saved the backup to. Desktop is ideal and its only a couple of clicks to restore .You do not need to go into the registry

gazzaho 01:18 09 Feb 09

CCleaner is pretty safe to use, it's one of the less aggressive cleaners and I haven't had a problem with it yet, which I can't say for some others I've tried in the past, but as the above posters said make a backup and keep it for a few weeks, if you notice something not working inside that time then restore the backup and check if that fixes the problem.

Sometimes problems don't show themselves right away, you may have some program/task you only use occasionally that a registry cleanup may have messed with and it's only when you go to use it that it shows up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…